Crazy Sock Exchange

I can't believe it has been over 2 months since I have blogged last! Life really has been so busy that I have not had a second to sit down and blog!

As of 2016 I will be taking my blog into a new direction! My focus will be more on content and examples of what I am doing in my classroom. 

I have looked back at some of my old blog posts and all I did was prompt my TpT shop, linky parties and freebies. Don't get me wrong, you will see some of my new products I have had in the works, but this blog won't be that focus. 

To start off this new focus, I want to share something super fun my 5th graders did this year for Christmas!

For the past 6 years, I have always done a mug exchange with a Polar Express party. Since I'm teaching a new grade this year, I wanted to try something new. I bring you...the Crazy Sock Exchange!


Every student brought in a pair of crazy socks filled with goodies. Their max spending cost was $10, which included the cost of the sock.

The day of the exchange, the students grabbed their own sock and sat in a circle.

Next, I read a story I found on Pinterest. Every time they heard RIGHT, they would pass it to the right. Every time they heard LEFT, they would pass it to the left.


(don't mind my horrible voice)

You can get the story {HERE}

Once we were done, everyone was able to open the sock they ended up with! It was so much fun!

I had everyone put on their sock and we took a class picture!

I did have a few students who brought socks that were not holiday socks, some boys ended up with more girly socks, some girls got more boyish socks, and some socks didn't fit. But overall, I would totally do this again. Maybe a boy/girl circle instead.

To end our week, our Hawaiiana teacher came and helped my students sing The 12 Days of Christmas...Hawaiian Style!
Enjoy!




11 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! I do a Book Swap with my 4th graders. Kids bring in a wrapped book (it's optional but lots of kids choose to do it), and we play the White Elephant game with the numbers and swapping (I don't call it stealing). Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the left/right game as well, but the students bring in an item they no longer use/want wrapped, and we exchange with someone else. We do a boy circle and a girl circle, although this year a boy ended up with a big baby doll and he totally rolled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice information to share with us, thanks. Buy our Crazy Socks Cartoon cartoon that looks good with both dress and casual wear. Order online for the best fits and prints that suits you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that this knowledge should be shared with everyone. You have described it so precisely that it would be amazing if you'd also us to re-share it also I didn't know that this aspect exists.
    digital marketing services melbourne\

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that everyone should be made aware of this information. You have explained it so well that it would be wonderful if you would also allow us to share it. I also had no idea that this component even existed.towingbee company

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate for sharing amazing funny ideas, Also I saw this type of ideas at take my online class . like do the left do the right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Crazy Sock Exchange is a fun and whimsical event where participants swap uniquely designed socks. It's a lighthearted way to celebrate individuality and foster a sense of community. Just as individuals express their personality through distinct socks, professionals in Oman can also stand out with well-crafted CVs. CV Writing Oman can help job seekers create resumes that capture their unique skills and experiences, increasing their chances of making a memorable impression in the job market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that this knowledge ought to be shared with everyone. It would be great if you would also let us share it because you have expressed it so effectively. Furthermore, I was unaware that this component even existed.motorcycle towing equipment

    ReplyDelete
  10. We sincerely value your meaningful contributions, steadfast dedication, and invaluable insights, which greatly enrich our learning journey. Your generous sharing of knowledge is deeply appreciated, fostering collaborative growth and enriching our educational experience. For those in search of Engineering Assignment Help, your search ends here! Engineering Assignment Help services are here for you, Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Our committed team of more than 2000 assignment experts is ready to assist you round the clock!

    ReplyDelete